About me
My Photo
Name: mr. c
Location:San Lorenzo, California, United States

I'm currently a Senior pursuing an undergraduate degree in Biblical Studies.

A Comic from My Pile

Links
Previous Posts
Archives

Genesis 32:1-2 - God's Camp

I’m always amazed when I read a passage of Scripture that I’ve read several times before and I come across something that I don’t remember being there and it feels like I’m reading it for the first time.

Last month I started a 2 year bible reading program to ease the commitment to time spent reading and allow for time to chew on what I’ve read. I’ve read through the bible before, and now I want to spend time analyzing the things I’ve read. I’m using Libronix to manage my reading plan, and compare translations or look up commentaries when I encounter something interesting or difficult to understand.

This morning I was reading Genesis 31 and when I got to Genesis 32 I read the two verses below:

1 So Jacob went on his way, and the angels of God met him. 2 When Jacob saw them, he said, “This is God’s camp.” And he called the name of that place Mahanaim.

There is no further commentary on what took place at this meeting, but it paints a pretty amazing picture.

posted by mr. c at 2:49 PM


[ back home ]

Comments for Genesis 32:1-2 - God's Camp


A Book From My Library

Daily Passage
Bloglines