About me
My Photo
Name: mr. c
Location:San Lorenzo, California, United States

I'm currently a Senior pursuing an undergraduate degree in Biblical Studies.

A Comic from My Pile

Links
Previous Posts
Archives

True Philosophy: The Logos According to Justin Martyr

For My Historical Theology Class I chose to write about Justin Martyr's understanding of the Logos. It made sense to do so since I was writing about the Logos in John 1:1 for my Hermeneutics class at the same time.

Historical Theology was both a depressing and truly exciting class. It was so sad to see where the church departed from the teachings of the bible, and to see it begin so early in her history. But inspite of these departures the bible has survived unadulterated to this day.

The paper can be found here:
True Philosophy: The Logos According to Justin Martyr

References cited:
Drodge, Arthur J. “Justin Martyr and the Restoration of Philosophy.” Church History 56, no. 3 (September 1987): 303-319.

Giessler, John C. A Compendium of Ecclesiastical History. Translated by Samuel Davidson. 4th ed. Vol. 1. London: T&T Clark, 1846.

Keith, Graham. “Justin Martyr and Religious Exclusivism.” Tyndale Bulletin 43.1 (May 1992): 57-80.

Schaf, Philip. The Apostolic Fathers with Justin Martyr and Irenaeus. Grand Rapids, MI: Christian Classics Ethereal Library, 2002.

Watts, Craig M. “The Humanity of Jesus in Justin Martyr's Soteriology.” The Evangelical Quarterly LVI, no. 1 (January 1984): 21-34.

Wright, David F. “Christian Faith in the Greek World: Justin Martyr's Testimony.” The Evangelical Quarterly LIV, no. 2 (April-June 1982): 77-87.

posted by mr. c at 4:44 PM


[ back home ]



A Book From My Library

Daily Passage
Bloglines